PASTA | TOMATOES
The dynamics of the worldwide foodservice business are changing. Nearly every person in our business has been impacted by the major events taking place in foodservice.
Whether your business is a restaurant, hotel, health care operation, school or university, we have the recipe for you.
Our line of Pasta, Beans and Tomatoes will surely suit every plate We have a wide selection of flavourful, healthy products to build your business. Open your menu to a wide variety of recipes with Primo Foods Foodservice.
- Superior Pasta with superior taste, bite and texture
- Superior handling qualities, that maximize rethermalization and holding
- Il Migliore is as good as the Italian imports, but offers better value in true Food Service sizes. Not available in retail
- Il Migliore is a premium pasta to challenge any Italian imported pasta
- #1 grade semolina
- Low extraction rates to increase protein content and decrease starch release
- Extruded through imported bronze dies
- Nutty flavor and better bite
THE PRIMO DIFFERENCE
- Primo pasta is a better pasta because it is made with only high protein wheat. This means that the starch stays in the pasta, ensuring that the pasta is never sticky or starchy and has an excellent bite
- Primo uses only the best part of the wheat which delivers a more natural, golden color pasta
- Primo pasta is made with only 100% semolina from Canadian Amber Durum wheat
- Recognized as being the world’s finest wheat, this ensures that Primo delivers the top quality flavor, color and texture consumers expect from a high quality pasta
- Primo makes its award winning pasta by maintaining very strict standards of quality throughout out the entire manufacturing process
- Winner of 48 Monde Selection Gold Medals (International recognition)
- #1 Brand in the Foodservice Pasta category in Ontario
Why is Pasta so popular?
Pasta is universally appealing and the perfect food for all ages
Inexpensive and deliciously satisfying, pasta easily delivers food flair for any budget.
As the trend towards healthy eating increases, so does pasta’s popularity because it is low in fat and good source of complex carbohydrates, and fits well with a well-balanced diet. Canada’s food guide recommends 5 – 12 servings of grain products a day.
Without a doubt, pasta is one of the world's most versatile foods. Whether it is layered, stuffed, stir-fried or sautéed – pasta is the perfect partner for many food groups including seafood, poultry, meat cheeses and vegetables.
Primo has over 50 years of Pasta manufacturing experience
How is Pasta Made?
- Primo pasta is made the traditional way – slow, gradual, and more natural drying ensures the integrity of the pasta. One of the secrets for a quality pasta
- Quality control is strictly computer monitored throughout out the Primo pasta making process Strict testing ensures that only the best wheat is selected for Primo Pasta which means the best pasta for the consumer
- Primo has 8 processing lines
- 4 short Goods i.e.. Penne Rigate
- 4 Long Goods i.e.. Spaghetti
- Primo pasta is manufactured in Toronto at the Huxley Road facility
- The plant has been in operation since 1954
- Primo is the only Canadian pasta manufacturer to mill their own wheat, which ensures Primo has complete control over the quality of semolina that is used in making our pasta products
Why PRIMO Tomatoes?
- After harvest, wheat is weighted, graded and given a preliminary cleaning
- Tested and cleaned to Primo specifications
- 16 stage sifting/grinding process gathers only the best durum kernels
- Semolina is enriched with riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, and iron
PRIMO’S Tomato Lineup
- Made In Canada - support the Canadian marketplace
- Product Quality - Ability to offer consistent high quality branded or custom formulated products
- PRIMO trademark has been recognized in the Foodservice industry since 1954 and has developed a loyal business franchise
- The category is supported with POS Material, Recipe Ideas and Sell Sheets outlining product features, benefits and Operator Solutions
Whether it is whole, crushed, diced, paste or sauce you need, you can be sure that our plant delivers tomatoes which consistently provide the right balance of sweetness and acidity with that bright fresh tomato flavor.
Our Pasta sauces start with beautiful, vine ripened tomatoes. Then we carefully add a selection of herbs and spices to create a unique variety of flavors – ready to use on their own or as a starting point for your own sauce creation
The Talented Lineup
Versatile and easy to use, these sweet Italian-style tomatoes are sun ripened, steam-peeled and packed in their own juice. Used as a base for all preparations such as sauces, soups, meatloaf and cabbage rolls.
DICED TOMATOES IN JUICE
Peeled, diced and packed in their own juice, these time-saving tomatoes are great for that fresh, homemade look. They’re ideal for adding texture and character to soups, sauces, chili salsa and bruschetta mix.
Ground unpeeled and packed fresh, these high quality, multi-purpose tomatoes are perfect for pasta and pizza sauces, soups and casseroles
With its sweet, fresh taste and bright red color, it is a great base for interesting and flavorful sauces. Simply add olive oil along with fresh or dried herbs to create your own signature sauce
TRADITIONAL PIZZA SAUCE
Quality tomatoes and select spices for a pizza sauce with old world flavor.
ORIGINAL PASTA SAUCE
Our #1 selling pasta sauce brand nationally – with sales continuing to grow year after year – this one stand on its own reputation as a great pasta sauce.
ROMANO CHEESE & BASIL SAUCE
A truly authentic Italian style sauce made with the freshest basil and tang Romano cheese
Classics SPICY ARRABBIATA SAUCE
With lots of crushed tomatoes (for a thicker sauce) diced tomato pieces (for a “made from scratch” appearance), and some chili pepper for flavor, its sure to wow even you most discriminating patron
Classics TOMATO & BASIL SAUCE
Unique, great tasting sauce with the fresh, homemade flavor today’s sophisticated diners demand
High Solids Content
PRIMO’s “Positive Selection” Process
- PRIMO is always thick and rich in appearance and taste, not thick and watery like many competitive tomato products
- Meticulously choosing only the best tomatoes for canning rather than the common process of randomly “culling” out inferior product
Our Tomato Products . . .
- The shelf life on PRIMO Tomatoes is 720 days
- PRIMO Foods is especially well known for whole, peeled tomatoes. In virtually every type of food – tomatoes in one form or another are an important ingredient and this is especially true with most foodservice Operators
- Our PRIMO choice quality whole, peeled tomatoes are uniformly steam-peeled and packed in their own juice providing the best quality product available
- PRIMO Tomato products are manufactured to the highest standards in the industry